Interior Design Vs Interior Decorating Vs Home Staging Vs Interior Redesign
Yesterday I come across this word of home staging, being an architect I was amazed to not know this term. Then I came across other sets of terms as well including Interior Redesign and other meaningful information which I would like to share with you.
Starting with Interior Design, Interior design involves, among many other things, the preparation of documents often by a licensed professional for the construction of interior space, such as plans and elevations, and details and specifications, including lighting, energy and communication locations, materials and finishes and furniture design.
Interior decoration involves the adornment of surfaces in the interior space, such as fabrics, wall coverings, furniture, decorative accessories, floors, lighting fixtures, etc., and takes into account lifestyle, taste, needs, and the user’s preferences of space.
While interior designers can decorate, interior decorators do not design.
Home Staging is preparing the house for sale through updates and “decoration” to attract the widest range of buyers to the market in which the house is located.
Interior redesign is often done by home organizers for homeowners who do not currently sell because it uses many of the same principles used by home assemblers, such as mainly using furniture and decorative accessories that the owner already has, with a view to the future sale of housing.
Now, let’s explore each one more in-depth.
It is not surprising that people often confuse interior decoration with interior design.
It may be better to understand interior decoration, as it exists in contrast to interior design:
An interior decorator would select floor coverings based on the client’s tastes and lifestyle, while the interior designer would take it a step further and see usage, sound transfer, flammability, etc.
An interior decorator would select lighting fixtures, while the interior designer would plan the lighting location and ensure that it complies with the building and safety codes.
An interior decorator does not need to have any formal education, and/or work experience, tests or licenses, while an interior designer does.
Housing staging is the art and science of preparing a house for sale so that it attracts the widest range of buyers to sell quickly and for the best price. The goal is to make the potential buyer fall in love with the house, imagine living there, and aspire to the lifestyle that the house represents.
It is a “systematic and coordinated methodology in which real estate knowledge, home renovation, and creative design principles are applied to attract a buyer.”
Interior Design Vs Interior Decorating
Home staging involves any or all of the following:
- Evaluate what furniture and decorative accessories (cushions, works of art, decorative objects, lamps, ornaments, etc.) the owner have and:
- Remove some of the furniture and/or decorative accessories, also known as disorder and depersonalization (elimination of family photos, trophies, collections, etc., so that the buyer can imagine living there)
- Organize furniture and accessories for an optimal location to improve flow (the ability to walk freely around the room), improve the focal point (for example, emphasize a fireplace or a beautiful view), balance (there are too many pieces or pieces too large in the library or on one side of the room?) and the positive aspects of the house while minimizing the negatives, by carefully selecting to buy or rent, if necessary, the furniture and accessories appropriate to the style of the house and its market.
- Recommend, implement, and/or make arrangements for improvements, upgrades, and repairs such as paint, floors, sink accessories, lighting fixtures, window treatments, landscaping, etc.
- As indicated above, the interior redesign is like the staging of the house, however, it improves the house for the owners rather than for the potential buyers. And it does so with an eye on its future sale
- It is like staging at home since it mainly uses the client’s existing furniture and decorative accessories to transform the space, and it can also involve the purchase of additional furniture and accessories, as well as updates of the colors of the walls, treatments of windows, lighting fixtures, etc.
To summarize the differences:
Interior design involves planning all aspects of the interior space often by a licensed professional.
Interior decoration is the adornment of surfaces in the interior space.
Home Staging is preparing the house for sale through updates and exhibits to attract the widest range of buyers to the market in which the house is located.
Interior redesign employs many of the same principles used by domestic assemblers, such as the main use of furniture and decorative accessories that the owner already has, with a view to the future sale of the house.
Coffea Arabica Coffee Tree Botanical Wall Art Poster Wall Decor Breakfast Bar Cafe Decor Kitchen Canvas Print Vintage Picture
Juice Lasting Ink Tattoos Body Art Waterproof Temporary Tattoo Sticker Little Star Tatoo Arm Fake Universe Rocket Tatto Women
Modern Wood LED Pendant Lights Minimalist Wooden Chandeliers Hanglamp Lighting For Dining Room Study Bar Luminaire Suspension
Canvas Painting Buddha pray morning sunshine 3 Pieces Wall Art Painting Modular Wallpapers Poster Print living room Home Decor
Furniture Home Decor0
Custom Baby Name Islam Ayat Kursi Pink Posters Nursery Muslim Moon Stars Wall Canvas Painting Art Picture Kids Girls Room Decor
Puerto Rico Christopher Columbus Party Flag 90x150cm 3x5ft Polyester US USA American United States Flags and Banners
Anime Poster Cyberpunk Nordic prints Wall art Aesthetic Nursery Kids Room Home Room Decoration Living posters canvas painting