If you like the concept of a neutral living room but fear that your space will appear too bland if you decorate it with blacks, whites, grays, and beiges — think again. Neutral living rooms can be incredibly stunning, and they can also reflect a range of styles — coastal, Parisian, mid-century, you name it! If you’re struggling to decorate your neutral living room, keep reading and take a look at these 23 spaces that have absolutely nailed neutral styles.
- 01of 23Be Modern Alvin WayneIf your style leans contemporary, why not opt for a living room rooted in black, white, and gray? Here, black and white abstract art makes a bold statement over the sofa. Don’t be afraid to still accessorize with a few pops of color here and there. A single vase of pink roses livens up this otherwise subdued space.
- 02of 23Say Yes to Scandinavian Style Alvin WayneIf you’ve always admired Scandinavian style, it’s an excellent way to embrace an all-neutral palette. This living room features classic cane chairs and an expansive white sectional, making the setup both chic and perfect for hosting large groups.
- 03of 23Add Little Touches Design Lines Signature This living room features a wide variety of neutral tones which play together wonderfully to create a space that is neat and orderly yet still warm and inviting. Don’t underestimate the power of small touches like table lamps, picture frames, and trinkets.
- 04of 23Show Off Some Marble Think Chic Interiors A round marble and black coffee table stands out against darker seating in this oversized living room. Marble is a popular material used in neutral spaces of all kinds; it’s excellent given that it can be styled to look Parisian, contemporary, or traditional, it all depends on the specific furniture piece chosen.
- 05of 23Think Pink Think Chic Interiors You may not traditionally think of pink as a neutral color, but designers say that it can certainly be seen as one. In this feminine living room, pops of pink add a touch of charm.
- 06of 23Let the View Speak for Itself Alvin Wayne If your living room features floor-to-ceiling windows, going neutral can be a smart tactic, given that you won’t want your furniture to distract from the amazing view outside. Whether you overlook city skyscrapers, a body of water, or a beautiful mountain range, you’ll want to make the most of that gasp-worthy view.
- 07of 23Go Green Louis Duncan-He Don’t forget to add some greenery to your neutral living room. A couple of plants will really liven up your space and provide just the right amount of color.
- 08of 23Say Oui Oui Louis Duncan-HeIf you love all things Parisian, neutrals are a great way to go—many French living rooms are black, white, and gray. Of course, don’t hesitate to add pops of gold or brass, too. The oversized brass mirror leaning on the mantel makes this space look extra grand.
- 09of 23Make it Mid-Century Modern Louis Duncan-HeThis neutral living room is rooted in mid-century modern style and is kept fairly minimal. Note that leather pieces blend with wood tones nicely; consider subbing a leather or faux leather ottoman in place of a standard coffee table for a laidback vibe.
- 10of 23Try This Art Approach Louis Duncan-HeThis neutral living room is very minimal and proves that you don’t need many accessories to still make a sophisticated statement. If you wish to display art on a gallery wall, opt for black and white photos or figure drawings that won’t disrupt the overall color scheme in your space.
- 11of 23Shop Your House Louis Duncan-HeNeutrals can be oh so cozy! Shop your own home for pieces that will complement your neutral color scheme wonderfully. For example, a few crates can be stacked to serve as a side table, and those wooden figurines sitting on your bookshelf may look lovely on the coffee table for a change.
- 12of 23Keep It Coastal Desiree BurnsIf you love coastal style, you can definitely embrace it by using plenty of neutrals. White sofas and accent furniture will bring that Coastal Grandmother aesthetic to life in no time. Additionally, jute rugs are great for neutral and coastal spaces alike and are ultra-durable to boot.
- 13of 23Incorporate Hot Trends Desiree BurnsEmbrace the latest design trends in your living room by having fun with shapes and textures. Here, a fluted console table provides extra surface space behind the sectional sofa, while a curved piece positioned beside the staircase serves as a valuable command center.
- 14of 23Keep the Mantel Simple Cathie Hong InteriorsWe see a lot of maximalist mantels, but there’s no need to go overboard when decorating yours. Stick to a few neutral accents—sconces, vases, or sculptures—then draw in some nature in the form of a potted plant or bouquet.
- 15of 23Say Yes to Texture Cathie Hong InteriorsTo ensure that your neutral space looks nice and inviting and not too stark, play up the cozy factor. An oversized knit blanket adds texture to this space and encourages visitors to cuddle up and get comfortable.
- 16of 23Style the Media Console Cathie Hong InteriorsYour media console provides many a styling opportunity, and to keep your neutral theme going, why not decorate the piece with some black and white art and a stack of coffee table books? You can still showcase your personality and interests while sticking to a color scheme.
- 17of 23Celebrate a Stone Fireplace Ashley Montgomery DesignNeutral pieces will complement a stone fireplace like this one perfectly. Bring in those wood tones, wicker pieces, whites, and grays—all of these shades and textures will blend together to result in a warm, inviting space.
- 18of 23Bring Out the Pillows Ashley Montgomery DesignDon’t forget the pillows! Bring some farmhouse charm to your living room by displaying throw pillows in neutral colors and setting out your favorite ceramic vessels. And of course, you can’t forget the shiplap walls to complete the look.
- 19of 23Layer, Layer, Layer Ashley Montgomery DesignIt’s all about the layers in this living room, which also embraces the farmhouse look. A potted tree adds height and contrast to the space—even if you don’t trust yourself to keep a live plant thriving, you can replicate this setup with a faux option.
- 20of 23Embrace Transitional Style Whittney Parkinson DesignThis transitional style living room features a stunning sculptural coffee table and a beautiful abstract art piece that add plenty of character. It’s more than ok to weave in small amounts of color to play off favorite works—blue pillows complement the blue-gray art without being too overwhelming.
- 21of 23Add English Cottage Charm Whittney Parkinson DesignAdd English cottage charm to your neutral space by skillfully incorporating small touches of blue and plum, as we see here. Again, neutral living rooms don’t need to be completely devoid of color; it’s all about selectively choosing pieces that will enhance your space.
- 22of 23Let Architectural Features Shine Whittney Parkinson DesignThis neutral living room features gorgeous high ceilings, exposed beams, and wood paneling, and to play up these features, it’s smart to keep furniture subdued in color and relatively simple. Let the architectural detail do the talking!
- 23of 23Hang or DIY Some Art Whittney Parkinson Design Abstract art and neutral spaces go hand in hand. Struggling to find a piece you love? You can always create your own—many DIYers have used spackle atop canvas to design fantastic textured works.
3d effect hero spiderman wall stickers for kids rooms nursery home decor cartoon decorative wall decals pvc poster diy mural art
Home Wall Decor Canvas OM Buddha Mandala Zen Symbol Picture Art HD Print Painting On Canvas for Living Room Unframe
Living Room Furniture Furniture Home Decor0
Living Room Furniture Furniture Home Decor55
Home Textile Solid Color Duvet Cover Pillow Case Bed Sheet AB Side Quilt Cover Boy Kid Teen Girl Bedding Linens Set King Queen
Henri Matisse Abstract Painting Canvas Prints Poster Minimalist Illustration Vintage Wall Art Picture for Living Room Home Decor
Large Size Classic Abstract Graffiti Character Poster Mural Family Bedroom Children's Room Wall Decoration Canvas Art (no Frame)
Natural Botanical Line Drawing Art Print Beige Poster Minimalist Canvas Painting Nordic Wall Picture For Living Room Home Decor